- 2. Deutschsprachige Platypus KonferenzFreitag, 22 Januar und Samstag, 23 Januar, via Zoom
- Platypus Review #132 is out!Issue #132 of the Platypus Review is now online!
- Platypus VirtualDuring the corona-virus outbreak, Platypus has moved its international reading groups and public fora online.
- The Legacy of the American Revolution Lecture SeriesThis summer, James Vaughn, Chris Cutrone, Reid Kotlas, Spencer Leonard and Pamela Nogales will be leading a series of virtual lectures on the legacy of the American Revolution. We ask: How does America remain a revolutionary society? How did each chapter of American history give a new impetus to the revolution that began in 1776?
- Marxism in the Age of Trump book!Trump’s victory is the beginning not the end of a process of transforming the Republican Party as well as mainstream politics more generally that is his avowed goal. So the question is the transformation of democracy—of how liberal democratic politics is conducted. This was bound to change, with or without Trump. Now, with Trump, the issue is posed point-blank. There’s no avoiding the crisis of neoliberalism.
The Platypus Review
Die Platypus Review
Cam Hardy and Daniel Jacobs interviewed Shane Mage by letter. Mage was an original member of the Revolutionary Tendency within the Socialist Workers Party (SWP, U.S.) which became the Spartacist League and is a contributor to recent debates on Marxist theory in the Monthly Review. What follows is an edited version of their discussion.
On August 29th, 2020 the Platypus Affiliated Society hosted a public forum entitled “Police Brutality and the Left.” The panelists were Mike Golash (Progressive Labor Party), Chaz Bufe (See Sharp Press), John Palmucci Jr. (Socialist Party USA), and Chris Sloce (Democratic Socialists of America), with Gabby Gottfried as moderator. What follows is an edited transcript of the panel proceedings.
Imperialism, as it was grasped by the best Marxist theory of the Second and Third Internationals and even by many bourgeois theorists, definitively came into its own at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century.
Am Anfang des vergangenen Jahrhunderts kam es in der Naturwissenschaft zu einer tiefgreifenden Krise: In der Zeit um 1900 erwiesen sich die Vorstellungen und Begriffe, die man sich bis dahin in der klassischen Physik von der Materie gemacht hatte, als nicht mehr länger haltbar.